Help & Advice

Severn Trent Retail & Utility Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our registration status means that we cannot offer advice on the best insurance product and whether it is right for you. We can however introduce you to partner companies and their products. You should always check existing policies to see if you have comparable cover.

If you are unhappy with anything and wish to speak to us please read our complaints procedure here for information on how to do this.

Sometimes what can go wrong is for your water company or someone else to put right. But often it is your responsibility to maintain and repair things which may go wrong in your home.

This section is about how to get help and who to contact:


Water leak or sewer flooding – 0800 783 4444 (Severn Trent Water – 24hrs, 7 days a week)

Gas Leak – 0800 111 999 (National Grid)

Electrical Emergency 0800 404 090 (National Grid) or 105 for Power cuts

HomeServe (provide cover for plumbing, drainage, water pipes and other home emergencies):

If you hold an insurance policy through HomeServe Membership Ltd, please call 0800 694 4153 or refer to your policy documents.

If you have not yet decided on a policy through HomeServe Membership Limited, please call 0800 694 4153 to discuss your insurance needs. HomeServe will not cover pre-existing problems but may be able to discuss your future insurance requirements or offer a fixed price repair.

Our Partner Websites

Severn Trent Water

Other Useful Links

Reducing blockages for Severn Trent Water customers
Water saving products for Severn Trent Water customers
Household emergencies – help and advice from HomeServe
Pipes, leaks and drains – responsibilities and advice from Severn Trent Water
Plumber search – Severn Trent Water area