Heating, Plumbing and Electrics Plus with annual service

HomeServe’s Heating, Plumbing and Electrics Plus with annual service is a comprehensive insurance policy that covers a wide-range of problems, such as gas boiler breakdowns, burst pipes, blocked drains and faulty electrics.

You can claim as many times as you need and each claim has a £4,000 limit, if it’s a boiler or central heating claim, there is also no limit as long as your boiler isn’t Beyond Economical Repair (BER). The best of all is, after 6 months, if your boiler is BER and less than 7 years old, they’ll replace it for free.

This cover option includes a boiler service. Your boiler will be given a health check in the first year to make sure it can be covered and your boiler service will be carried out at the same time. Your boiler must pass before any gas claims can be progressed. It’s easy to arrange and must be booked or completed within the first 90 days.

You can also choose to pay an excess with each claim to keep your monthly premiums down.

Who is eligible for this policy

People who are homeowners

People who live in houses, bungalows or flats

Homes heated with natural gas

Landlords or tenants

Mobile homes or bedsits

Homes heated by electric heating

What is covered?
  • Repairs to your homes gas central heating system, including the boiler, controls, radiator tanks, immersion heaters and hot water cylinder
  • A noisy boiler
  • Repair your homes plumbing system and your water supply pipe if you are responsible
  • Unblocking your homes drains (within your property boundary)
  • Repair broken locks or replace keys
  • Removal of pests
Main Exclusions
  • Household appliances
  • Mixer and digital showers
  • Any pest outside of the home other than a wasp/hornet nest
  • Guttering
  • Soakaways
  • Chimney repairs

Further information
If you are the homeowner you are generally responsible for the repair of the water supply pipe from your property boundary up to where it enters your home. In some cases, the water supply pipe responsibility may be outside the property boundary or shared with neighbouring properties.

If there is a leak on your water supply pipe it is usually the homeowner’s legal responsibility to repair it. It’s important to repair leaks as soon as possible, so for details including Severn Trent Waters customer leak support service, please visit www.stwater.co.uk